Monday, October 25, 2010

New Student Interviews

7th grade:

Israel Reyes-

Previous School- Homeschooled

Q: How was the transition between schools(easy, hard, drastic, etc)?
A: It was a harder transition for him because of the longer school days, going from room to room, and the lockers.

Q: Who is your favorite teacher(s) at NCCS?
A: Mrs. Bond

Q: What do you like the most about NCCS?
A: Has friends other than his siblings, and there are different subjects.

8th grade:

Ethan Hevesy-

Previous School- Sovereign Grace School

Q: What do you like about NCCS?
A: The people and teachers are nice, and he has less homework at NCCS.

Q: How was the transition between schools(easy, hard, drastic, etc)?
A: He thinks that it was very hard. He also misses seeing his dad everyday at school.

Q: Who is you favorite teacher(s) at NCCS?
A: Mrs. Cockerham and Mrs. Bond

Josh Reyes-

Previous School- Homeschooled

Q: What do you  like about NCCS?
A: The people are nice and lunch is more fun than it was at home.

Q: How was the transition between schools(easy, hard, drastic, etc)?
A: The transition was easy, but NCCS is a little harder than homeschooling.

Q: Who is your favorite teacher at NCCS?
A: Mrs. Bond

9th grade

Daniel Cook-

Previous School- Sovereign Grace

Q: Can you compare both this school and your former school? Which do you like better?
A: I like New Covenant better. This school has nicer teachers and people. At my old school there was pretty much no students and there were no activties.

Q: What was most difficult about the transiton between schools?
A:The most difficult thing was probably meeting new people and trying to make new friends.

Q:Who do you miss from your formal school?
A:I don't really miss anyone; most of the people from my old school came to NCCS like me.

Q:Who was your favorite teacher from your formal school? From this school?
A:My favorite teacher at my old school was Mrs.Gordon, and my favorite teacher from this school is Mr.Ceselsky, the Bible teacher.

9th grade

Daniel Belzner-

Previous school- Sovereign Grace

Q:Can you compare both this school and your formal school? Which do you like better?
A: I like this one (NCCS) better because number one: the people are nicer and number two: the shoes are alot more comfortable.

Q:What was the most difficult part about the transition between schools?
A:At this school the work load is alot more difficult and there is more writing, that's been pretty hard. Also, having to meet all new teachers.

Q:Who do you miss from your formal school?
A:I don't miss anyone.

Q:Who was your favorite teacher from your former school? From this school?
A:My favorite teacher from Soveriegn Grace was Mrs.Stural. Now my favorite teacher here is ... I like all of the teachers here.

10th grade

Hunter Templeton-

Previous School- Sovereign Grace

Q: What is the most difficult transition from your old school to your new school?
A: Leaving all the people and coming and making new friends.

Q: What are your favorite teachers from NCCS? Your old school?
A: My favorite teacher from NCCS is Mrs.Crouse, and my favorite teacher from my old school was Mr. Clancy.

Q: What makes NCCS better than your old school?
A: New Covenant has alot more people.

Q: What is your least favorite thing about NCCS?
A: I don't like the chairs here, the old chairs were better.

11th grade

Alex Hevesy-

Previous School- Sovereign Grace

Q: Explain the transition from your old school to NCCS. Was it easy, hard, or drastic?
A: It was an easy/drastic transition, my old school was more relaxed and we didn't have a bell.

Q: Do you miss anything about your old school that is not at NCCS?
A: I miss that I could see my dad at school (he worked there).

Q: What do you like about NCCS? What can we change?
A: It is very structured and everyone is very kind, but there could be less concentration on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment